AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do 'little' people like me have a chance that their ads will shown in Google search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I not a rich people and I don't work in large company.

I don't have a big budget like other 'Big' guy. 

I only have $50 budget per month. 

You can laugh at me if you want.

I have a small website offering CPA offer. Per lead I got $10 for the comission. 

One of the keyword that I go for has first page bid: $4.00. That number is BIG for 'little' guy like me.

Let's say if I got 100 clicks (it's $400!!!!) 50 of them interested in my offer. They submit their zip code, subject and etc - then 5 of them convert to leads. Then the result for ROI = $50 - $400 = -$350 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That's not fair .... 

My conclusion is adword is not for 'little' guy like me. Man Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Do 'little' people like me have a chance that their ads will shown in Google search?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi fireinthesky and welcome to the forum.

It's an interesting question - one that's been a topic of discussion very recently and which I hope to write an article about later this week, so you've come along at a good time!

It's a big topic to discuss - there are lots of things to consider but one is that most small companies really are no different from large companies.  Your example shows that you'll make a loss with the figures you supply.  There's no reason to think that a large company will get any different figures from yours - they'll just be bigger!  A company spending $50000 a month with the same CPC and conversion rate will be losing $350,000!  I don't know many companies that could stand those montly losses.

So why are big companies different?  The quick and easy answer is they're not.  Not really.  Where big companies tend to do better is in aspect not directly Adwords.  There are lots of things that apply to the retail market but where you're talking about simple sign-ups - no product, no sales - the only difference will be in their website and their monitoring and management of their Adwords accounts, both of which are in your hands as well.  If your conversion rate is only 1%, it's probably within your own website/Ad copy/keywords that you can make changes to improve that to 5%, or 15%.  If your CPC costs are $4 this may be because of a poor Quality Score which you can improve by getting a better CTR or site relevance, etc.

Your post doesn't mention actual profits.  If you're advertising with Adwords to create leads, presumably these leads turn into sales and your figures really need to include eventual sales, not just contacts.  Depending upon your business, if you add in the actual sales, Adwords could still return a profit.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Do 'little' people like me have a chance that their ads will shown in Google search?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi fireinthesky and welcome to the forum.

It's an interesting question - one that's been a topic of discussion very recently and which I hope to write an article about later this week, so you've come along at a good time!

It's a big topic to discuss - there are lots of things to consider but one is that most small companies really are no different from large companies.  Your example shows that you'll make a loss with the figures you supply.  There's no reason to think that a large company will get any different figures from yours - they'll just be bigger!  A company spending $50000 a month with the same CPC and conversion rate will be losing $350,000!  I don't know many companies that could stand those montly losses.

So why are big companies different?  The quick and easy answer is they're not.  Not really.  Where big companies tend to do better is in aspect not directly Adwords.  There are lots of things that apply to the retail market but where you're talking about simple sign-ups - no product, no sales - the only difference will be in their website and their monitoring and management of their Adwords accounts, both of which are in your hands as well.  If your conversion rate is only 1%, it's probably within your own website/Ad copy/keywords that you can make changes to improve that to 5%, or 15%.  If your CPC costs are $4 this may be because of a poor Quality Score which you can improve by getting a better CTR or site relevance, etc.

Your post doesn't mention actual profits.  If you're advertising with Adwords to create leads, presumably these leads turn into sales and your figures really need to include eventual sales, not just contacts.  Depending upon your business, if you add in the actual sales, Adwords could still return a profit.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits