AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do changes to google places effect google maps listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made changes to my google places accout weeks ago and my old business address and info still comes up on google maps, I am wondering why it is taking so long for the changes to show up on a google search.  Do I have to change something in google maps or did I not properly make the changes.  Maybe I have an accidental duplicate listing.

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do changes to google places effect google maps listing?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Patrick,

This community is for Adwords usage. You can discuss the same in Maps forum.

Per my understnding, you have changed the business address but you did not change the address in google maps account. If this is the case then login to your google places/maps account and then update the address. It will take couple of weeks and then the new address will start appearing.

Hope this will help !!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I think Foyzul's answer is basically correct

We had a similar discussion about Places and location extension; I think the same would apply to maps;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Our-company-has-moved-to-a-new-address-How-can-I-...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a separate website for google maps or is it just the map marker in
the edit section of google places?

Thanks,

Patrick Murphy
Pound 4 Pound Fitness
233-3274
www.pound4poundfitness.ca

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Here you are:

Google maps help forum;

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’