AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to place the Remarketing code on my 'Thank you' page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Do I need to paste the 'Remarketing' code in the 'Thank You' Page. 

Thank you page has already 'Google conversion tracking code', both codes will conflict?

Need urgent response.

Thanks in Advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do I need to place the Remarketing code on my 'Thank you' page?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No, you don't need remarketing code on thank you page.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You don't need to... but it's a good idea if ytou do...

Why?

Becasue it's a good idea to build a list of people who converted so that you can then exclude them from your remarketing lists... if they are already a client, or have signed up for your newsletter, or whater the thank you page confirms - then why would you want to spend money advertising to them again? - surely there are better ways to develop them as clients.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi anil k,

As you can see, there is more than one way to look at your question.

My answer is it depends on what you want to do with the remarketing list and the conversion list. And, yes, you can place both on the page.

If you want to remarket to people who have converted, and you only want conversions within the last 30 days, you don't need the additional remarketing code, the conversion list will suffice.

If you want to remarker to people who have converted, and you want conversion for more than the 30 day window, you'll need a remarketing list for that, defined with the number of days the list should be active.

If you want to exclude converted users from your other remarketing lists, and the other list has a window of more than 30 days, you will want the remarketing code on the conversion page so youi can set the duration to match your other lists.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords