AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do I have to select the all the placements for remarketing with audience from GA?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am wondering if I have to specify every single website where I want my ad to show up.

My audience is created from all users visiting my website with the help of Google Analytics.

Or is there a possibility that google shows the ads on the pages my audience visits usually or that I can at least define the category?

Thanks

Do I have to select the all the placements for remarketing with audience from GA?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Joerg

You can do that easily.

In single campaign or adgroup you have to use two targeting methods at this same time- remarketing list and placements.

In placements just add your desired sites.

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to upload my website users, but I do not want to specify specific pages. I want google to decide which are the best pages to display the ads.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey

According to my experience Google will not decide better than you.

You should indicate what pages or topics are the most relevant to your ads. If not, your ads will appear in many various pages - news, weather, memes, blogs, forums etc.

Generally more specific targeting performs better than broad.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Łukasz.

So that means, a topic and a audience would be enough? I do not need to add specific placements?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You can use all of these methods separately or combined in every way:

audience+ topic

audience+ topic+specific placements

audience+specific placements

it's up to you

so topic and audience is enough

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

a) But only audience is not enough?

b) If I select audience and topic -> Then the topic part decides on which pages the ad will be shown?

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

The purpose of Remarketing is that they are already familiar with your product, so you aren't "letting Google decide" where to show the ads.  They just show on any site in the Google network to people that have been to your site.  You can add additional criteria...and I recommend you do, but not get too specific.  I usually add topic exclusions to keep my ads off certain types of sites...gossip, politics, games/gaming, food/cooking.  I find that a better, and much less restrictive approach than adding either specific placements or specific topics.  I generally find these result in very few impressions.

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Audience only is fine...If you are going to add topics, select your topics and the when adding the Remarketing audience, select Target & Bid which will limit the ads to showing only to people on that list.