AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Do I have to pause the ads when I pause an AdGroup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If I create an Ad that is approved by the system. Later on I pause the Ad's AdGroup since the Ad's destination_url is not valid anymore. Why do I still get warnings about "Destination URL not working"? Since the AdGroup is paused the Ad can't show up anyway.

Do I have to pause the Ad as well even if the AdGroup is paused?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Do I have to pause the ads when I pause an AdGroup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Temla,

Welcome to the Community!

All ads, even paused ads are reviewed for accuracy and policy compliance.  Unfortunately, pausing is not enough to keep them from being reviewed, the best bet would be to update the ads so they are valid.

Please review this page:  Paused ads and the approval process

Here is a quick snippet:

"All ads in AdWords are subject to review, whether they're paused or active. Most ads are reviewed within three business days. By reviewing your paused ads, we can show you the approval status of your ads without having you wait an additional three business days after you unpause your ad."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Do I have to pause the ads when I pause an AdGroup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Temla,

Welcome to the Community!

All ads, even paused ads are reviewed for accuracy and policy compliance.  Unfortunately, pausing is not enough to keep them from being reviewed, the best bet would be to update the ads so they are valid.

Please review this page:  Paused ads and the approval process

Here is a quick snippet:

"All ads in AdWords are subject to review, whether they're paused or active. Most ads are reviewed within three business days. By reviewing your paused ads, we can show you the approval status of your ads without having you wait an additional three business days after you unpause your ad."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’