AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display network problem

dd
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
dd
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a display network campaign two weeks ago and have received 3000 impressions thus far.

However, when I look for the URLs, I still get the "Not enough data to show particular URLs".

It gives three possible reasons why this is occuring:

1. No clicks.

2. Not enough impressions.

3. I must wait 24-36 hours before data is available.

I figure reasons 2 and 3 are not applicable to my situation, so that leaves "No clicks".

Is that the way the display network works?  I can only see the URL's if somebody clicks?

This makes no sense to me.

If someone can shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

-DD

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display network problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dd,

Yeah, you figure it out right. You will not get any data unless someone clicks your Adcopy.

Thanks,

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello DD,

I think in your case, it looks to be reason 1 and reason 2 as you said. Google Display Network takes time to perform optimally and generally have pretty low CTR compared to regular search campaign. Few reasons I could think of your ad not getting clicked could be:

Your ad position is not competitive enough to beat the competiton and is generally not getting the visibility which it should be so that online users can see it.

You ad content is not compelling enough to attract online users. It might be possible that people looked at it but didn't click on it due to the writing style or other things.

I must say that you need to optimize your Google Display Network campaign. Write good ads which encourage users to click on it and then take some action. Use Placement targeting tool to look for the options which Google has to give, so that you can optimize your campaign in right direction.

One important point I would like to make here is that you do get the URLs list irrespective of fact that your ad received click on it or not. But it normally depends upon how old is your ad group and whether it has been there for sometime or not.

Below is a screenshot for one of my campaign where you can see the URLs and impressions but with no clicks:-

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi DD, 

Thanks for posting your question about Display Network. As Pankaj mentioned, Display is very diffrent from Seach. He gave you very useful tips. 

Just want to add that there is an article written by a Top Contributor that you might find useful. 

Good luck, 

Zee 

Zee
G+