AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display network ads for charitable organizations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my clients is a charitable organization that supports children in need all over the globe. They are interested in running banner ads on the Google Display Network but are worried about where the ads will show up and not being in control. It is important that the ads don't show up on unappropriate webistes that compremise the integrity of the organization and what they stand for. Please give me advicse on how to make sure that ads only show up on websites that are family friendly.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display network ads for charitable organizations.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "unappropriate" but if it means illegal content or adult content. Then google display network any way doesnt display ads on those kind of websites so dont worry about that. But just to be on the safer side about the content on some websites you can always use "negatives" to your campaigns to make sure you dont appear on "unappropriate" content.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I would say that you should first look at the Placement tool and try to identify the placements which you want to target using banner/display ads for your client.

There are other options as well like topic level targeting, keyword level contextual targeting, which you can consider while working on Google Display Network. 

Above all, Adwords gives you flexibility to add negative placements, negative keywords at the ad group/campaign level so that right ad is shown to the right user at the right time.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Gudmundur

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

There are a variety of ways in which you can control where the ads appear on the Display network. Please see the article-

where your ads might appear on the Google display network

using your choice of appropriate targeting methods which is explained in the article under the heading "where your ads can appear and who might see them based on your targeting methods" you can excercise the control you want to over the ad placement.

For example, you could decide to add a list of appropriate keywords and contextually target the ads. You could decide to run on 'managed placements', so you add a list of placements for which you would like tha ads to appear etc. You could use topic or category targeting if you think that the listed subjects are going to be appropriate.

Also, please see About targeting settings on the display network, I think you will find this useful as it gives information about how to sucessfully combine targeting methods if you would like further control.

Wishing you the best of luck! :-)

Kind regards