AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display location when remarketing option?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How does the display location work in remarketing with adwords?

What options are available? What is best?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey O
September 2015

Re: Display location when remarketing option?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 11
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kelsey,

I think we lost you.
I hope this helps.
Yes , its the same.
There no difference between display location in a standard ad words campaign and a re marketing campaign.
In a remarketing campaign The Banner ads on a particular webpage will be placed based on Google's judgement.
Just like in a standard campaign, In a remarketing campaign, you can increase the chances of getting your banner ad shown, by increasing your Ad rank ( In other words your quality of Keywords, ads, Bid that u apply, etc etc).

Regards
Ellaiah.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kelsey,

Can you clarify more on your question? Is it that you are asking about the location of your ad as on how Google will show it in your remarketing campaign?

If that's the case, then I would say that your ad auction model works the same way like your regular ads. It will depend upon how relevant your ad is and what is the ad rank. So based on these facts, your ad will be eligible for the auction and get the desired position on the placement where it is applicable to show.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for the reply, to clarify, I was wondering if you can chose exactly where the ad will be displayed on a page? Such as a side banner or the top banner, etc.?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

That will be decided during the ad auction depending upon the competition and how other advertisers are competing. Also, there are placements in Google Display Network, which allow certain specific ads in particular formats only. So it's a combined thing which is taken into consideration while your ad get displayed.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So, to conclude, is there no difference between display location in a standard ad words campaign and a re marketing campaign?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It's one of the advanced way to remarket your audiences available in Google Display Network and the ad auction process remains the same like for regular Google Display Network campaign. Find more details about Ad Auction process on GDN here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Is this the same for display ads? Not the standard ad words campaign - re marketing specifically?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I am not sure if you read the reference article I linked above. Remarketing is also part of Google Display Network. So ad auction process has to be the same for this. It's only the way how cookies are collected and ad is being shown to the users who have visited your site earlier, but the ad auction process is similar as per my understanding.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I did, I only wanted to clarify that it was the same for re marketing ads that are to appear on websites, not from a google search. Thank you for your time and replies.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Maybe, to clarify more, I mean "placements" on an ad on a website. Does this make a difference? What are the options there while re marketing?