AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display campaign - Targeting Interests

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I have a display campaign that is targeting “interest” and has many ad group according to the theme of these different categories.

What if one of these ad group in the same campaign shares same audiences with another ad group? Is it bad for me as if I was bidding against myself?

Thanks!

floriana

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Re: Display campaign - Targeting Interests

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi floriana,

I think that one should avoid overlapping/Duplicate targeting among Ad groups as well as in campaigns.

So as per my understanding you should Pause overlapping target Adgroups in case if they are 100% identical OR Pause the overlapping interest categories & keep the unique ones. Keep a close eye for couple of days on the performance which should ideally improve.

However, if you notice drop in performance you can Unpause the paused stuff.

~Rehan

~Rehan

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Floriana,

Couple of things which I could think of in your case would be:-

1. Try including the sub categories of interest from the main category based on the theme of your ad group. By doing this, your ads will reach out to the specific audiences whom you are looking to target on Google Display Network.

2. Another way could be using the custom combination lists for interest based audiences. You can do the permutations and combinations based on the process allowed and then try targeting your segment of users. See this for details.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Re: Display campaign - Targeting options

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello floriana

[ Edited}  To follow with Pankaj :

Your question is much broader. There are a number of combinations where ads can appear on the Display Network - depending on the targeting methods

This table summarizes quite nicely all available options:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1209882&topic=1713942&path=1713940-1710...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi floriana,

I think that one should avoid overlapping/Duplicate targeting among Ad groups as well as in campaigns.

So as per my understanding you should Pause overlapping target Adgroups in case if they are 100% identical OR Pause the overlapping interest categories & keep the unique ones. Keep a close eye for couple of days on the performance which should ideally improve.

However, if you notice drop in performance you can Unpause the paused stuff.

~Rehan

~Rehan