AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads vs Image ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

what s the difference between image and display ads?

how do I upload the second ones?

thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Re: Display ads vs Image ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Florina,

If you are talking about the two tabs in AdWords Editor under ad, then Display ads are the ads that you have created via 'Display Ad Builder' and Image ads are the statis or flash image ads that you upload.

Although both ads are part of the display network ads and are more commonly known as display ads, the nomenclature used in Editor can be little confusing.

Hope this helps.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Floriana,

Image ads are display ads.  Display ads are simply a category of ads that will be displayed on the Google Display Network.  Image ads are one format of Display ads that can be used in a Display Network campaign.

This page explains the formats in detail.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello floriana,

In addition to spot on reply from Tom as always, I would also like to tell you about a very useful tool called Display Ad Builder. By using this tool, you can create flash supported and rich media video ads as well for your products. You can choose from a variety of themes already available, select the theme and customize it according to your needs.

Read more about this here.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Florina,

If you are talking about the two tabs in AdWords Editor under ad, then Display ads are the ads that you have created via 'Display Ad Builder' and Image ads are the statis or flash image ads that you upload.

Although both ads are part of the display network ads and are more commonly known as display ads, the nomenclature used in Editor can be little confusing.

Hope this helps.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Neeti!

who decided which one is the solution to a question? Cos I thought it should be me?!

mah