AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads show higher on pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello:
Can advertisers pay to get display ads higher on display network pages?

A sales rep implies his company can get my display ads to appear higher on pages in the display network. For example, my 728x90 would only appear above the fold on display network pages. Is this possible?

Here's a quote from the vendor: I was hit by an ad from you guys (see below), but on the bottom of the page of a major publisher.
You likely see value in winning more top-of-page inventory for engaged users with more buying power.

I'd never heard of advertisers getting higher display ad placement on pages. It comes down to ad sizes, availability and bid strategies.

Thank you,

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nick,

Generally speaking, ads higher in up in the page perform better, and the auction will favour ads that have a higher bid and/or a higher CTR.

If you are talking about Google's Display Network, no 3rd party vendor has a secret sauce that will give you a higher ad position. They might have good tools for targeting and optimising that help, but the raw auction is the same no matter how you get there.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Rob. It seems too good to be true but wanted to investigate in case something changed recently.