AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads not showing for Placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

so I have set up a number of display AdGroups that are just targeted to certain websites (placements) and the ads are not showing. when i check why they aren't showing I get the following answer:

"You don't have enough Google AdSense page views yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria. What can I do?"

the "what can i do" does't lead me to a page with the answer...

Would be great if someone could explain this for me.

Thanks

JT

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display ads not showing for Placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

Couple of things I could think of in your case:-

1. Try increasing the bid of your managed placements so that when the ad auction occurs, your ad gets eligible for the display.

2. If you haven't created display ads for those placements, try creating them using the same color combination as it is on the placements, so that your ads looks pretty much in sync with the placements.

Also, you could explore the Display network and add some more targeting options like Topic level targeting, some keywords if you want.

Read more about optimizing GDN here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en&authuser=1

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj,

It appears it just worked itself out and now ads are showing. Thanks for the heads up.

JT

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor