AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - My ad is looking very strange with the URL coming up in two places (once in green which is fine but also in the title which looks very bad). How do I get rid of the url from the title? Many thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display URLs

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi The Young F and welcome,

I recently had this questions form another user here.

I find that this happens a lot more often with ads that have a low display URL character count (The limit is 35).

If you add additional information on the display URL like www.Example.com/TodaysSpecialOffer it makes it quite long and less likely to show beside your headline.

Just look at these 2 and you'll see a big difference.

www.example.com                                 - Only 15 characters

www.example.com/TodaysSpecialOffer    - A whopping 34 characters

If this looks like it could be a suitable solution, give it a try and let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It's also a good idea to make sure that your first line of descriptive text has a closing punctuation ( . ! ? ) at the end. Google will then prefer to move this as an extension of the headline rather than the url. Without the closing punctuation it will not.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi The Young F and welcome,

I recently had this questions form another user here.

I find that this happens a lot more often with ads that have a low display URL character count (The limit is 35).

If you add additional information on the display URL like www.Example.com/TodaysSpecialOffer it makes it quite long and less likely to show beside your headline.

Just look at these 2 and you'll see a big difference.

www.example.com                                 - Only 15 characters

www.example.com/TodaysSpecialOffer    - A whopping 34 characters

If this looks like it could be a suitable solution, give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It's also a good idea to make sure that your first line of descriptive text has a closing punctuation ( . ! ? ) at the end. Google will then prefer to move this as an extension of the headline rather than the url. Without the closing punctuation it will not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Adam,

I've made the changes and even though the url still comes up it actually looks a lot better.

Regards,

Sharon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve - I now have some more punctuation which looks punchier!