AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display URL as Subdomain

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I check here, http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175906&rd=2

but didn't find this valiation 

Display url-   www.Google.mysite.com

destiantion url -  www.mysite.com/googleserivices

Is above combination is valid ?

However below valiation are allowed

display                               Destination

mysite1.example.com - mysite1.example.com
example.com - subdomain.example.com

Not Allowed

display                               Destination

mysite1.example.com                mysite2.example.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display URL as Subdomain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Anil,

Frankly, I don't like playing around with the policies and ending up with something which I don't expect (disapproval in worst case) Smiley Happy

So if my destination URL is mysite.com/googleservices, I will apply the same to the Display URL rather than trying something unpredictable..

That's my thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I will add to Pankaj answer, that regardless of the display URL structure (when sub-domain included), you are NOT allowed to use the Google name in your display URL, since you violates Google's trade-name...Hence, the question becomes redundant / irrelevant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree,
but Today I saw an advertiser account and he is using such display url, so was cusrious to know if it is valid.
It would be better if it made clear than just ignoring it.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@ Anil, can you clarify if you tend to use Google's name inside Display and Destination URLs because as Moshe said, that's in violation being a trademark. Or were you giving just an example here?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI to You,

I am agree with MosheTLV and Anil if u doing this then u violate google terms & conditions b google is not ready to share google name with any domain or subdomain.

thanks

Arun

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The bots checking the ads don't let it pass through. I doubt that it has passed the bots' check.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I am too not going to risk it. But since advertiser is going to use and I have to make him understand that it can lead to ban his acc also. I am going to start working on it now and so need to make it clear to him, but need some valid reason to show him.