AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display URL ETAs in Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to upload new ETAs in Editor- by pasting the content- but I'm having trouble with the display URL. I've tried adding the complete URL with the same domain as the final URL and by adding the paths but nothing is working.

Do you know how can I paste the Display URL for new ETAs on Editor?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display URL ETAs in Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Expanded text ads don't have display URLs, in Editor or anywhere else. Or to be precise, they do show a display URL, but the advertiser doesn't assign one explicitly. Instead, the system generates a URL of the form domain.name/path1/path2 , where domain name is automatically extracted from final URL, and you get to (optionally) specify paths 1 and 2.

Where Editor shows example.com, that's where your actual domain will be - again, automatically extracted from final URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer,

I know that the domain is automatically extracted from the final URL, but I still have to enter the /path1/path2 for each Ad.
How can I do this in Excel so Editor can recognize it as path1 and path 2 in the display URL?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Armando M
July 2016

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
You add two columns with headings of Path 1 and Path 2.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much!