AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a little confusion,

I am running a display campaign with 3 separate ad-groups, these 3 ad-groups are based on keywords,topic and interest.  

So my question is, will my ads appear only when all these 3 separate ad-groups condition are met or they can appear on my targeting platform, I have used "target and bid" option at ad-group level.

To my understanding, when you use 3 or 4 targeting option in same ad-group and if all the condition are met then only you add will show. but does this apply to separate ad-group level as well?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Targeting

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No, the condition won't apply for the whole campaign. It is ad group based. So only applies for single ad group.

Siva.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SuryaKant S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I might have misunderstood your question, and in this case @StructuredPPC reply is correct;

The "target and bid" applies to number of targeting methods within an ad-group. Not  among different ad-groups.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No, the condition won't apply for the whole campaign. It is ad group based. So only applies for single ad group.

Siva.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you choose "target and bid" within the ad-group- the answer is yes. AND condition applies.

Edit: you cannot apply different targeting  methods across different ad-groups

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So does this means that all three ad-groups condition should meet, only then my ad will appear,if I have selected "target and bid" option.

Am I right?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SuryaKant S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I might have misunderstood your question, and in this case @StructuredPPC reply is correct;

The "target and bid" applies to number of targeting methods within an ad-group. Not  among different ad-groups.