AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Targeting Tourists on Mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Newish to AdWords and the GDN, so I'm hoping someone out there could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to run a campaign over a 10 day period specifically targeting tourists on their mobile phones. There is a large event in my area and we want to serve ads to people who are definitely from out of town. Is there any way to target mobile by the phone's area code? Or any other way of doing this that might work?

thanks in advance for your help!

-Nick

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Targeting Tourists on Mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @NICK B

Hmm... Interesting...

I would try to target  by topics "travel" and narrow to more specific tourist activities using keywords.

Another option is to target by custom affinity (aka "interests") - though I am  less inclined towards this targeting method.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks @MosheTLV, I appreciate the idea.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Nick,

well there is no way to target mobile phones by area code. As Moshe said your best bet would be trying to focus on travel topics and keywords related to the event.

What is the country your targeting here? I have a feeling that adwords express campaign might work better on this kind of scenario, specially if you are targeting a event happening some specific area.