AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network- Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to decrease a bid for a specific URL which is under a certain placement in my display campaign. Let's say the placement is nba.com and I am trying to decrease the bid on the URL nba.com/games. What would be the best way to do this?

I have extracted good and bad placements from an automated placement campaign using keyword targeting, into a new managed placement campaign and given appropriate bids to each managed placement. The problem is that I still want the automated placement campaign to run and find URL's from nba.com, but there is no way to decrease the bid for the specific URL nba.com/games without decreasing it for all URL's. 

Thanks,

Ran

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @PPC R

If I understood you correctly, I  would target keywords, and add  managed placements as "bid only". This combination of targeting methods, this will allow you  to change the bid for specific placements.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV

Thanks for your response. The problem with your suggestion is that I want to keep getting more good URL's from the placement nba.com and extract them to managed placements. So nba.com is still running from the keywords targeted campaign with a bid of $0.3 and bringing me traffic from the specific placement nba.com at $0.3. nba.com is also running as a managed placement in the managed placements campaign with a bid of $0.15. Is there a way to exclude only the specific URL nba.com from the keyword targeted campaign but keep running on it as a placement so it keeps bringing me other good URL's?  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not sure I understand the structure / targeting setting of your campaign. What do you mean by:  "getting more good URL's from the placement nba.com"?

Either you target by keywords or by placements (or a combination of both - i.e. Target and bid)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV I'll try to explain it better. I have 2 campaigns. One is targeted to keywords and the other to placements. In the keywords targeted campaign I received nba.com as a placement along with a lot of other URL's such as nba.com/games, nba.com/video etc. How do I bid less on the specific placement nba.com and stop buying it from the keywords targeted campaign without bidding less on nba.com/games & nba.com/video?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As mentioned, you need only one campaign: ad placements as another targeting method and choose "bid only". This will allow you to bid separately on a  specific  placement.