AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network- Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to decrease a bid for a specific URL which is under a certain placement in my display campaign. Let's say the placement is nba.com and I am trying to decrease the bid on the URL nba.com/games. What would be the best way to do this?

I have extracted good and bad placements from an automated placement campaign using keyword targeting, into a new managed placement campaign and given appropriate bids to each managed placement. The problem is that I still want the automated placement campaign to run and find URL's from nba.com, but there is no way to decrease the bid for the specific URL nba.com/games without decreasing it for all URL's. 

Thanks,

Ran

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @PPC R

If I understood you correctly, I  would target keywords, and add  managed placements as "bid only". This combination of targeting methods, this will allow you  to change the bid for specific placements.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV

Thanks for your response. The problem with your suggestion is that I want to keep getting more good URL's from the placement nba.com and extract them to managed placements. So nba.com is still running from the keywords targeted campaign with a bid of $0.3 and bringing me traffic from the specific placement nba.com at $0.3. nba.com is also running as a managed placement in the managed placements campaign with a bid of $0.15. Is there a way to exclude only the specific URL nba.com from the keyword targeted campaign but keep running on it as a placement so it keeps bringing me other good URL's?  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not sure I understand the structure / targeting setting of your campaign. What do you mean by:  "getting more good URL's from the placement nba.com"?

Either you target by keywords or by placements (or a combination of both - i.e. Target and bid)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV I'll try to explain it better. I have 2 campaigns. One is targeted to keywords and the other to placements. In the keywords targeted campaign I received nba.com as a placement along with a lot of other URL's such as nba.com/games, nba.com/video etc. How do I bid less on the specific placement nba.com and stop buying it from the keywords targeted campaign without bidding less on nba.com/games & nba.com/video?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As mentioned, you need only one campaign: ad placements as another targeting method and choose "bid only". This will allow you to bid separately on a  specific  placement.