AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Negative Keyword Lists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've setup a negative keyword list which contains negative keywords for multiple campaigns.

I setup the list so it works across my search and display campaigns but when I go into the display campaign (display network > Display Keywords >  Exclusions)  I see that I don't have the option to add lists.

The display network should still work with negative keyword lists seeing as we can add normal negative keywords??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Network Negative Keyword Lists

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Pixel_Donkey,

You can add your negative keywords at the campaign or AdGroup level on the display network.

For AdGroup you have to press "add exclusion" then select the AdGroup you want to add the list into.

For campaign (on the right), just click add exclusion and a box will open for you to paste your list into.

Or, you could use AdWords Editor and make things a bit easier for yourself.

Have I got your question wrong or is this helpful?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

You are able to addd negative keyword lists for the display campaigns as well.

Under exclusions go to View:keyword lists, click add exclusions and then select your list from there.

You can also add it from the shared library using "apply to campaigns" and select your display campaign. It should be in there too.

Is it not working for you?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Pixel_Donkey,

You can add your negative keywords at the campaign or AdGroup level on the display network.

For AdGroup you have to press "add exclusion" then select the AdGroup you want to add the list into.

For campaign (on the right), just click add exclusion and a box will open for you to paste your list into.

Or, you could use AdWords Editor and make things a bit easier for yourself.

Have I got your question wrong or is this helpful?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz,

You sort of have it right, I know you can manually add the keywords but shouldn't you be able to add a keyword list. It would save so much time than manually adding individual keywords.

Editor does the job aswell but its not as easy as adding a list. If we can add lists to Search Network campaigns then why can't we add lists to the Display Network campaigns?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

You are able to addd negative keyword lists for the display campaigns as well.

Under exclusions go to View:keyword lists, click add exclusions and then select your list from there.

You can also add it from the shared library using "apply to campaigns" and select your display campaign. It should be in there too.

Is it not working for you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry purefuzz, I never saw the drop down inside the Display Networks, I see Search and Display both have different designs for exclusions.

Many thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @purefuzz,
Is that possible to use keyword match options while implementing them in Display campaign. Like can we use Phrase or Exact in Display campaign negative keywords list..?

Thanks
Puneet

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Puneetceengg,
You can also add it from the shared library using "apply to campaigns" and select your display campaign. It should be in there. and you can change match type in your display keywords in shared library.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @sumanppc,

Is it not possible to use negative keywords matching options at Campaign or Adgroup level..?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @puneetdceengg,
If you want to change negative keywords match type in campaign Level you can change in shared library.
If you want to change negative keywords match type in Adgroup level you can also add it.

Click on Exclusion>>add adgroup level keywords>>add exclusions

Read this discussion. 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Negative-keywords-in-Display-Campaign-not-excludi...

Hope it helps you.