AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network - Devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at one of my "Display Network only" campaigns, I click on "Settings". While on the Settings page, there are 4 subtabs (All settings, Locations, Ad schedule, Devices). I click on "Devices". Now I see a table. In the 1st column there are checkboxes, and in the second column "Device" (Computers, Mobile devices with full browsers, Tablets with full browsers). What is the function of the checkboxes in this table? Can I use this page to prohibit ads from showing on "Mobile devices with full browsers"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Network - Devices

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hermitian,
Welcome to the community.

The table you are viewing is a report of the devices your ads appeared on. You can indeed target these.

If you go back to the main settings tab, in the option "Desktops and laptops, mobile devices, and tablets" you can set specific device targeting there.

If you want to EXCLUDE ads from displaying on mobile devices with full browsers you can do it there.

Re: Display Network - Devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave,
I'm on the main Settings page for one of my "Display Network only - All features" campaigns. Under "Desktops and laptops, mobile devices, and tablets", to the right of "Devices", it says "All" and so I click on "Edit". This enlarges a box containing "Advanced mobile and tablet options". From there I could select specific Operating Systems, Device Models, or Carriers. However, while editing these there is an info box available that informs me that making specific selections will automatically opt my campaign out of appearing on Desktop computers. This is not what I want. So perhaps you had a different approach in mind?