AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network Ad Preview?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I often need to send in "proof" of our banner impressions on the Google Display Network to clients. However, it is often quite impossible to actually trigger an impression of our own banners - and where would you start to look for it if the list in automatic placements view has not been filled yet?

Also, for custom clickTag building within the ad, I would want to check whether it actually assembles the target url the way it's supposed to.

Is there a easy way to check own banner ads "in action", respectively live on a publisher web site? - I think there isn't any reliable method right now.

Don't we need a "Display Network Ad Preview Tool"?

Please let me know what you think of this - thanks!

All the best

Mario

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Natasha (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Re: Display Network Ad Preview?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Macolo,

As i know there is no Display Network Ad Preview Tool and you can see list of url for automatic Placement but If you've just created your campaign you'll need to wait at least 48 hours before seeing any data.

Regards

-Vicky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Natasha (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Macolo,

As i know there is no Display Network Ad Preview Tool and you can see list of url for automatic Placement but If you've just created your campaign you'll need to wait at least 48 hours before seeing any data.

Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Humm I would also love display network preview took +1 for that Smiley Happy

+1 for testing custom clickTagtoo Smiley Happy

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello macolo; welcome back to AdWords community;

You are absolutely right. Customers want to see a preview or a snapshot of their banners on the Display Network. They are not satisfied with reports, showing impressions and clicks...

Hopefully, it's one of the tasks for AdWords Program Managers /developers in the near future.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quite true,

I am running a campaign for US audience only and by sitting in another location it is impossible to see the ads live. Its too frustrating not to be able to see if the ads are working fine or not.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Yes it is impossible to check display ad preview with Adowrds. Because how Google will show preview for ad which are going to display for different - different websites.

Display ads can be image or text, at the time of creation Google is not able to placement preview like search ad, because ad will display according to placement site and size.

you can take screenshot of your image and banner ad while the time of creating ads and can show to client. Smiley Happy

macolo wrote:

Hi all

I often need to send in "proof" of our banner impressions on the Google Display Network to clients. However, it is often quite impossible to actually trigger an impression of our own banners - and where would you start to look for it if the list in automatic placements view has not been filled yet?

Also, for custom clickTag building within the ad, I would want to check whether it actually assembles the target url the way it's supposed to.

Is there a easy way to check own banner ads "in action", respectively live on a publisher web site? - I think there isn't any reliable method right now.

Don't we need a "Display Network Ad Preview Tool"?

Please let me know what you think of this - thanks!

All the best

Mario

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also love if adwords team can come up with the solution for this. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Exactly ... I badly need this, I even created a campaign/Display/Placement on only 3 website, so i will be able to see my add, increased my CPM bidding, but still i couldnt see it

J L
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
J L
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same issue here, it would really help if i could show clients even a preview or sample of where their ad (most often a banner) is showing up on a display network site.

is there any hope that the adwords team will ad this feature or something similar to it?

tks

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.