AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Campaigns: No Automatic & Selected Placements Simultaneously?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

once upon a time, there was a display campaign which generated quite a lot of impressions and clicks, unfortunately from quite irrelevant placements. Then, the witty campaign administrator (that would be me) put the Placement Suggestion Tool to work and thought:

"Well, I'll find some placements and then run them concurrently with the Automatic ones. Let's see what will have the best results!"

A few days later, it would have seem I've learned the bitter truth: is it just either one or another, i.e. as long as they are any specific placements, the automatic ones will not be used?

With kind thanks for any answer,

Ondrej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Display Campaigns: No Automatic & Selected Placements Simultan

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is either the 1 (automatic) or 2( Selected).

You can however use automatic and EXCLUSIONS option, to stop showing ads on websites that don't bring you conversions.

I am sure that if you add some exclusions, you campaign will turn profitable.

Read more about the setup of Display Network campaigns from the help page bellow :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

If this helps, please come back and close this thread with green button "Accept this solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Display Campaigns: No Automatic & Selected Placements Simultan

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is either the 1 (automatic) or 2( Selected).

You can however use automatic and EXCLUSIONS option, to stop showing ads on websites that don't bring you conversions.

I am sure that if you add some exclusions, you campaign will turn profitable.

Read more about the setup of Display Network campaigns from the help page bellow :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

If this helps, please come back and close this thread with green button "Accept this solution"