AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Affinity + in-markets audiences in same ad group, AND or OR?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All, Please note that I did check solved question here (Affinity and in-markets audiences) but still doesn't answer my question!

I have Sports affinity audiences & travel in-market audiences in the same ad group.

In order for my Ads to show to a user, does he have to fall in both lists? or either one of them?

The Targeting settings is "Target and bid"

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamed H
October 2015

Re: Display Affinity + in-markets audiences in same ad group, AND or O

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mohamed,

You cannot layer the same type of targeting, so if you have sports affinity and travel in-market in an ad group, you would be showing when a user is in the sports affinity OR the travel in-market groups. There's not a way to target both ("AND" targeting) at this time.

You should still have this set to target & bid if this is your only targeting method in the ad group, though. You could change it to bid only if you want to bid differently for other placements, keywords, etc. that you may also have set.

Does this help?
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamed H
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mohamed,

You cannot layer the same type of targeting, so if you have sports affinity and travel in-market in an ad group, you would be showing when a user is in the sports affinity OR the travel in-market groups. There's not a way to target both ("AND" targeting) at this time.

You should still have this set to target & bid if this is your only targeting method in the ad group, though. You could change it to bid only if you want to bid differently for other placements, keywords, etc. that you may also have set.

Does this help?
Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank Cassie, I wanted to confirm it's an OR relation. So yes that's so helpful and more detailed.