AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display Ads not getting clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, Recently I have added some Display Banner ad for the product that we are selling; I have used Google tools for making the display ads in flash. I had stuffed all the related keywords related to the products and I have added them from last 1 week. I have assigned Default Max. CPC to 0.50 & Display Network Max. CPC 0.50 for all. But I have following the campaign and found that the impression is very low, and even the clicks are 0. Suggest me some ideas for making the display ad working much more effective. Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SEOSEM B
September 2015

Re: Display Ads not getting clicks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi SEOSEM,

In Addition to the great point received by Deepak.

I would suggest, if you have not added the Text Ads in your campaigns then add the Text Ads. As some placement websites do not accept the Banner/Flash Ads.( If you already running the Text ads campaigns with same keywords then there is no need to add any text ads).

It seems that you have set very low bids, increasing your bid will start to serve impressions as Banner/Flash ads require higher bids as compared to Text Ads.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And I have added the same keywords that are getting traffics and conversions from my text ad campaigns. But that make no changes to display ads.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi SEOSEM,

Welcome to the community!

Make sure to create separate ad groups for different products, and write very specific ads for each ad group.

Check the link below for some very good tips.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453986?hl=en

After that you need to try different bids. As you stated that you are using the default bid, try to increase it and analyze the results.

Start with a low daily campaign budget (hope you have created a separate campaign for Display network) until you find the right bid and results.

Hope this helps,

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SEOSEM B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi SEOSEM,

In Addition to the great point received by Deepak.

I would suggest, if you have not added the Text Ads in your campaigns then add the Text Ads. As some placement websites do not accept the Banner/Flash Ads.( If you already running the Text ads campaigns with same keywords then there is no need to add any text ads).

It seems that you have set very low bids, increasing your bid will start to serve impressions as Banner/Flash ads require higher bids as compared to Text Ads.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi mate,

I'd agree with Rakesh here on making sure you have the text ads running as well. A really good and valid point.

One thing to keep in mind with graphic display ads is that you have to win the ad block, not just one text ad spot ad rank. Combine 3 text ads CTR and that's pretty much what your ad needs to beat to be shown. If it's not in the top 3 it might struggle to get as many impressions and exposure as you need.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"and even the clicks are 0"

Try this feature to exclude the "bellow the fold" impressions, because this way at least your banner/text ad is on the Screen, giving the user a chance to click it : http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/abovethefold.html

Successful keywords from the Search campaigns might not work the same in GDN.

The GDN uses contextual targeting, meaning that it identifies a "general theme" that matches the visited page. It does not necessarily mean that those keywords are on the page. Read more about contextual targeting : link

Quote example : 

"Suppose you've created an ad group to advertise gourmet cookies, and it includes keywords like "dark chocolate chip cookies" and "nutella chocolate chip cookies." We use contextual targeting to identify and place your ad on Google Display Network sites that share the same themes. That means that your ad might appear on webpages about gourmet chocolate desserts, discussion groups for baking enthusiasts, or a newsletter about dessert recipes."

You have not mentioned what other restrictions you have, which could reduce impressions:

1) Are you only aiming at some placements ? In this case try to expand your placement list and check what placements do not receive impressions, on those you should bid higher.

2) Are you using impressions capping for example to 1 per ad group per day? In this case it could be not enough to get noticed

3) I have a feeling you only targeting a small remarketing audience . In my case the traffic for a filtered audience of around 10.000 generated roughly 500 impressions per day, so do not expect a lot of traffic for remarketing.

4) Are you using only 6 banner sizes ? There are more than the 6 sizes created by default : 12 static sizes and 10 animated sizes : link

5) Are you using other restrictions like : eliminating a gender or the unknown gender ( cutting the traffic in half), or restricting to some topics too , or just aiming at all the placements with no other restrictions than keywords ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh, I think I should try adding a text ad as well for the display ad campaign. I have already separated campaign for categories so there are no issues regarding the reply which I got from Deepak "Make sure to create separate ad groups for different products, and write very specific ads for each ad group.". Let me try, because I think that there must be issue that you told me to change. Thanks.