AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Display A/B testing - Ghost ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are planning to set up a display campaign targeting a remarketing audience of website visitors.

I would like to create a control group on this display ad. I saw this article mentioning Ghost ads as being the preferred approach: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/en-gb/articles/a-revolution-in-measuring-ad-effectiveness-knowi...

How could I implement this measurement in GDN?

Thanks,

Elisa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display A/B testing - Ghost ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Elisa M

I'm not sure I fully understood the statistical technique suggested in the article; Iwould advise to refrain from any statistical  technique that could bias the results of the test.

A classic A/B testing is based on randomly selected users in the test group and in the control group. This is how an A/B testing should be constructed.  Any attempt to modify the users on either group could bias the statistical analysis.

Also note  that a re-marketing list is already statistically biased, and I would be cautious. Those are users already visted your site the number of users (in the test group)  might not be big enough to get a reliable result.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’