AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Adwords KW report & analytics KW report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Why there are discrepancies between information I see on my AdWords account (under Keyword tab) and keyword details I see on either

Google analytics>Acquisition>Keywords>Paid

Google analytics>Google AdWords Section>AdWords Keywords

Google Analytics shows number of visits way less than what AdWords shows. Which one is trustworthy?

for instance, for a particular KW, AdWords shows: 2,313 clicks while Analytics shows:348 clicks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Adwords KW report & analytics KW report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

When did you actually link your Adwords with Analytics?

There is a possibility as per my understanding that if there was a delay in linking the accounts, the data discrepancies could occur like the way you mentioned.Did you cross check the Campaigns data from the Clicks tab (under Google Analytics) which in on extreme right side once you are on the Adwords Campaigns Tab?

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually we linked them within less than 10 days. Clicks, costs, CPC are exactly the same. Even KWs are in the same order.

"Did you cross check the Campaigns data from the Clicks tab (under Google Analytics) which in on extreme right side once you are on the Adwords Campaigns Tab?"

Yes!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Nariman H wrote:
Actually we linked them within less than 10 days. Clicks, costs, CPC are exactly the same. Even KWs are in the same order.

"Did you cross check the Campaigns data from the Clicks tab (under Google Analytics) which in on extreme right side once you are on the Adwords Campaigns Tab?"

Yes!

Hi Nariman,

Now when you say within less than 10 days. Pankaj asked the right question did you link analytics afterwards or before the adwords marketing started?

Please check this link to get help on differences of anlaytics and adwords metrics.

The difference between clicks, visits, visitors, entrances, pageviews, and unique pageviews

Hope this helps.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nariman H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

I would also like to add one reference for you which explains the data discrepancies between the both products (Adwords and Analytics) in detail: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your reply Chetan, It was so informative...
We have set Analytics code after AdWords campaign.