AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy between Ad Preview & campaign settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have set up my first AdWords campaign.  My ads are approved and supposed to be running, but when I look in the Preview and Diagnosis Tool, it says my ads arent' being shown because "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen."  - but I *have* selected the same location for the ads and the preview tool.  

Please see attached pictures to understand my confusion.  

Preview Tool:

Diagnosis.PNG

My campaign settings:

settings.PNG

What gives?

Thanks for the help....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy between Ad Preview & campaign settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;

This is not a Geo- targeting issue; Is is a language targeting issue (English vs. Vietnamese). Check your language settings

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Are your ads in Vietnamese Language? As I can see that in ad preview tool you've selected language Vietnamese but if your ads are in English then your ads may not show in preview.

I hope it works.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  This makes sense - I have the campaign set up to be shown in Vietnam, but the language setting is for all languages.  However, in the Preview tool, you must specify a language.  So I'm still not sure what to do in this case.

The ads are in Vietnamese, with one ad group using English KWs, the other using Vietnamese KWs (if that makes a difference).

Thanks for your reply!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact same issue - i have location to show set as 10 km around a longitude and latitude, i have then set that longitude and latitude in the preview tool and i get the same message. I argued with the call centre for half an hour - she just kept telling me its because I am not IN that location. I have clients allover this country so ow am i meant to preview my ads ? grrr. She is trying to tell me that its becuase my area is too small so i extended it out to "melbourne" for both location setting and preview setting and i STILL get this same message. Google is making millions from us yet they cannot fix the software to a satisfactory level....