AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ads due to low keyword traffic

TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I hope you can help. I'm in disagreement with Google about ads being disapproved under their trademark policy. They declare that in order to manually review the ads the keywords must have enough traffic in the first place to warrant such work.

The keywords chosen have all been well researched and tightly grouped. They all show at least 11 exact match searches (some close to 500) per month on the keyword tool. Furthermore my predecessor spammed keywords to such an extent that many received no impressions whatsoever over 12 months and yet his ads were approved.

Here's the email they sent me:

"I understand your concerns however at the moment your keywords do not generate enough traffic for the ads to be reviewed. Our ad review process requires the keywords to have high volume traffic keywords, as this is the way our trademark team are able to complete the process. I would advise adding in these high traffic keywords for the purpose of the review and possibly delete them after if you don't feel that these are performing for you. 

Once you have added in these keywords please let me know and I would be happy to consult with our trademark term on your behalf.

Has anybody else experienced this response from Google and if so how did you resolve it? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TAN
September 2015

Re: Disapproved ads due to low keyword traffic

TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UPDATE...

Getting nowhere with the staff at Google HQ I decided to add the most generic keyword (the brand name basically) to each ad group with disapproved ads. Three days later all of my ads have been approved. Shortly the generic keywords will be deleted.

What a seriously weird way to solve this "non-issue".

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi TAN,

I'm not sure if the issue is actually low keyword traffic as this would be the first I've heard of such a thing.

I happen to notice (today as a matter of fact) that one of my ads was Disapproved because of "trademark issue".

I immediately went to my ad trying to see if I used a term or trademark in my ad that could be an issue.....none was found.

I just resubmitted my ad about an hour ago so I'll have to wait and see before I contact support.  I'll post when/if i receive any additional information or approval/disapproval.

RPquest

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TAN
September 2015

TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
TAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UPDATE...

Getting nowhere with the staff at Google HQ I decided to add the most generic keyword (the brand name basically) to each ad group with disapproved ads. Three days later all of my ads have been approved. Shortly the generic keywords will be deleted.

What a seriously weird way to solve this "non-issue".