AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved/Approved Review Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone else ran into inconsistencies with Google Adwords approving a business review ad exention for one location, and then disapproving the same review for a different location.  I have posed the question to Google Reps and have not received any response that has made any sense.

As a clarification, I have multiple Adword accounts for a franchise company with multiple locations within a major metro area, as well as others that include various states.  In one location, the review is approved, in another location across town, the review is disapproved. The same holds true for a state location (example: New York, and the next location in New Jersey). These are copy/paste operations so there is no variances between the reviews when they are submitted. 

These are not "individual" reviews that I am speaking of, and I have gone thru the Adwords "best practices" line by line" trying to determine the reason for the disapproved ones, as there is never a reason for the disapproval given..

Ideas/thoughts??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved/Approved Review Extensions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Aron,

Enable Policy Details Column to know the reason why your Ad extension are disapproved.

I hope this helps you ..!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
John,
Unless I am missing something, that column only confirms the ad was disapproved, but not why. And it certainly doesn't explain why there is no consistency in the approval/disapproval process. IF ALL of the same reviews were disapproved in ALL of the accounts, I would understand that I might have misunderstood a Google Policy, and try to figure out how to correct it, but when the same review is both approved and disapproved in different accounts that creates a conundrum....

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Aaron,
Try to contact Adwords (Chat) Support so that they will give exact reason why your extension has disapproved. And, let us see if some one else on this forum could help you.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Aaron,

Are you able to post an example of one of the reviews that this is happening with? The Review Extensions policies are very strict with a lot of specific details, so any context could be helpful. Also, within your separate accounts, do they all use the same domain? I've had accounts set up this way before and it shouldn't be a problem, I'm just wondering if for some reason Google isn't acknowledging all of your accounts as being associated with the same company.

I am not positive but I believe Review extensions are manually approved so it could just be one person's interpretations of the policies versus another...

Best,
Amy, Clix Marketing

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
HI

Yes Google usually does not give reasons for review extension disapproval. But as you mentioned since this is a franchise and got accepted in some accounts there should be some significant difference in the approved accounts and disapproved accounts.

I assume the names are the same? And are u using same name with different country domains? also this particular review, can u share the link with us?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if this ends up as a "double post"....

Amy B/Nisal L
The TLD's are all identical and are ".com" These were all submitted on the same day. As one example of a review that was approved for two South Florida locations, and disapproved for another So. Florida location: http://orangespoken.com/otf/ , Another example would be the same for two Atlanta area locations across town from one another, one approved, one disapproved: http://wittyandpretty.com/2014/01/23/workout-review-orangetheory-is-the-new-black/ . I have other examples as well, from Forbes.com and several from various TV/news online reviews with the same approval/disapproval situation.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
The only thing that I could think of, would be that Google is seeing your two accounts as competing and not understanding why two different accounts would use the same review extension. Have you had any success in uploading the same review extension to multiple accounts?

Are you willing to share the review text that you used with the link above?