AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads due to use of Trademark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of our products, WebDrive, maps a network drive letter to Cloud Services such as DropBox and Google Drive.  I am trying to write an Ad that would display for people searching for how to map a network drive to these services.  Unfortunately, the Ad needs to state which services we support, and I can't do that without using the (trademarked) name of the service.  However, use of the name is a violation of the advertising policies. 

I thought at one time there was a form that you could submit to request an exception, but I can't find this form.  it seems that I have done this before, as I currently have ads running for how to map a network drive to Amazon S3, and the use of the trademarked name is used in the ads.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Ads due to use of Trademark

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracy and welcome to the Community.  As far as I'm aware the approval has to come from the trademark owner, and it is they who complete a Trademark Authorisation Form.

Details of this can be found here.

(It's under "I should be authorised to use this term" and then "Third Parties").

Hope this helps, 

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Disapproved Ads due to use of Trademark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Jon.  That information was helpful.  I will bookmark this for future reference, as we will be adding more connectors to other cloud services to WebDrive.

Thanks,

Tracy