AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disabling mobile and tablet traffic on enhanced campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my client has a product that is only relevant for PC Desktops and laptops, when switching to enhanced campaigns is there away to completley disable traffic to mobile and tablets?

Re: Disabling mobile and tablet traffic on enhanced campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Reduce the bids for mobile and tablets by 100%. That will prevent your ads showing on these devices.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ryan,

I am facing the same issue as aim2eus:

You can opt-out from mobile devices traffic with this method, but it is impossible to opt-out from tablets.

I tried to target only some tablet devices , but this will opt you out from computers' traffic as well!

The Adwords customer support confirmed me that yesterday, Google declaring that traffic on tablets and computers are the same behaviour (whereas they aren't, especially in this case), it won't let you opt-out.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Upon further inspection I don't beleive you can opt out of tablets, so reducing your mobile bids will only pause mobile targeting.

This is annoying and is one of the reasons I have not changed over to Enhanced campaigns yet.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already reduce the mobile bid but there is not any option to reduse the

tablets device bid how i can reduce the bid i no need to show my add mobile and tablets please any one tell me...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I"m having the same problem. It's annoying because my landing pages aren't optimized for Tablet devices. Make sure you try something like quirktools.com/screenfly to make sure the browser window fits for you campaign (for desktops and tablets). I hope they change this soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is a way - but if I tell you about it, Google will probably close the loophole as they make a lot of money this way - which is not ethical by the way. Look carefully at the options, firstly the campaign has to be "Display Network only" - and within that, you can severly limit the options for Tablets too, hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Andries, it would be so perfect if it worked, buthave you tested your method ?
I know what you mean (playing with device targeting options), howeverdoing this results in exluding computer devices from targeting as well.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

adrien_bayles wrote:

The Adwords customer support confirmed me that yesterday, Google declaring that traffic on tablets and computers are the same behaviour (whereas they aren't, especially in this case), it won't let you opt-out.

I completely agree. Just reviewing the conversion stats for a clients campaign. Their desktop traffic gets an average CPA of about $100, whereas tablet devices have only one conversion at a cost of over $2,000.

Clearly tablet traffic is not the same as desktop. I can't believe they removed the option to segment tablet devices with the introduction of enhanced campaigns.

Anyone with half a brain can see that a user on a tablet is not the same as a user on a desktops. Other than similar browser widths the traffic is completely different. For starters, a tablet is still a mobile device. And as a result it changes the buyer intent completely.