AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disabling AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If someone objects to my use of their trademark as an AdWord, and I want to stop using the AdWord, how do I do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disabling AdWords

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Catherine C

To stop using adwords, pause all your campaigns.

To cancel your account , follow these steps 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2424605?rd=3

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Although i cannot understand why a business can't be promoted with other keywords than some trademarks. People who search a trademark will likely chose that trademark website , you will hardly "trick" them to enter another website.

All I am saying is : sleep over your decision, rethink about it twice in the next day.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found some interesting info about keywords representing trademarks. It seems that the Adwords Policy is relaxed when it involves certain regions, but it is still forbidden in the text of ads 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/177578#

"Starting 23 April 2013, keywords that were restricted as a result of a trademark investigation will no longer be restricted in China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Brazil."

It depends where you need to use your keywords.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Catherine C,

Rules on using trademarks as keywords varies from country to country. For example, it is legal and allowed in the US but it is neither legal nor allowed in UK. If the trademark term is one of your keywords, just delete that keyword.

You may not use trademarks in the ad copy without permission from the trademark owner.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords