AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disable costs on Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

I have linked an Adwords account with an Analytics account. 

My problem is that i have to turn the 'auto tagging' on, which includes passing the cost data. 

Does anyone know how I can leave the auto tagging while disabling the costs, so to have all the rest of the information from Adwords in Analytics ? 

I would really appreciate your help !

Maya. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disable costs on Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Maya and welcome to our community.

To my knowledge, once auto-tagging is on, you cannot leave cost data out. I can't find any option to check and uncheck cost data import.

The only option I'm aware of is to use manual-tagging.

However, if I'm allowed to ask, why would having cost data in Analytics bother you in any way? Google requires its partners to be transparent with respect to advertising costs anyway: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6086450?hl=en#trn

"At a minimum, you must provide your customers with monthly performance reports that include data on costs, clicks, and impressions at the Google advertising account level. When sharing Google advertising cost data with customers, report the exact amount charged by Google, exclusive of any fees that you charge."
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.