AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disable add mobile devices and tablets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why can't we adjust the bids on tablets.  Our performance on tablets is terrible compared to desktops.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disable add mobile devices and tablets

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Cape C

Welcome to AdWords Community

There are many reason for bad performance on tablets. For better performance you must keep eye on your landing page. Its the major fact of better performance. Your landing page must be responsive, well navigate, Search enging preference. You also keep on mind that bid, Ad format, cpc etc. If you can combind those i you you tablet performance will be increase.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand, but why would the results be entirely different for desktops (good results) compared to tablets (bad results) within the same ad group? And not just for one ad group but across all ad groups in all our campaigns. We are very experienced with landing pages, cpc, creating relevant ads, etc,

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Cape,

Well I think this is a general case in most of the advertising accounts. For example lets say you are comparing conversions and revenue between tablets and desktops. IN this case you would only compare direct bookings generated from these devices.

However real scenario wouldn't be that simple. For a eg the user who researched in tab may come back in a desktop device and convert. Most of the users use mobile and tablet for research but always comes back to desktop for transaction.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We would like to be able to determine what works best for us regarding tablets. How do you come to the conclusion that the research is done on tablets and then the user goes to their desktop to place an order? Personally I do transactions on the same device that I do the research on. Why would I do the same thing twice? Please consider letting us set different bids on tablets (the same way you let us set bids on mobile devices) Thank you.