AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disable add mobile devices and tablets.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi i want to disable add mobile devices and tablets. but there is not showing option how i set the add searching only computer

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Disable add mobile devices and tablets.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Faiyaz Y,

Unfortunately you are not able to select only desktops with the new enhanced campaigns but you are able to use the new bid multipliers on the devices to prevent them running on mobiles.

Under your campaign settings you will see devices and you can click on the bid adj column, mobile row and decrease your mobile bids by 100% (my example below is 75%) which will stop mobile traffic.

mobile bid multiplier.png

Tablets are now treated like desktops so you can't adjust those at present.

Let me know if this helps you or if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Faiyaz Y,

Unfortunately you are not able to select only desktops with the new enhanced campaigns but you are able to use the new bid multipliers on the devices to prevent them running on mobiles.

Under your campaign settings you will see devices and you can click on the bid adj column, mobile row and decrease your mobile bids by 100% (my example below is 75%) which will stop mobile traffic.

mobile bid multiplier.png

Tablets are now treated like desktops so you can't adjust those at present.

Let me know if this helps you or if you have any other questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What happens if you choose a specific device OS, model or carrier? Would this exclude Computers? If not, it would be an easy way to restrict ad showing on tablets. If you specify only a specific device e.g. (Picasso_E (A200)) you will seriously restrict your tablet audience. 

The problem is that no one know the answer to this question:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Devices-setup-under-Campaign-settings/m-p/...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Pawel, yes, this will exclude computers. Smiley Sad

Very sad that we can not exclude tablets from our campaigns...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I believe that the advertising standards commission in the UK/EU will object to this, given that the technology exist to prevent this useless form of advertising where only PC's are required and not tablets. Don't know what the US regulators would think of this.

We hope Google will take a long term view here and do the right thing by enabling this function immediately.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi purefuzz,

I decreased Mobile devices but can't do it on tablets, how can't I decreased on Tables?

Tks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
From what I have experienced through my own campaigns, specifying a specific device will stop your ads showing on Desktops

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I decreased the bid by 100% two days back. But still majority of my ad impressions are happening on mobile devices. Please help.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!