AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Disable Google Forwarding Phone Numbers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a bigger company and we always create a new tracking phone number for each new campaign. I realize that the Google Forwarding number is not hurting anything, but the higher ups do not like that they are not seeing OUR tracking number on paid ads. 

This service is great for smaller businesses, however we do not need it. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Disable Google Forwarding Phone Numbers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,

Without a doubt you can change this, but you'll lose any call reporting/data from within AdWords - just simply edit your call extensions and choose "Use my own phone number" instead of a forwarding one. Then, the only phone number that will be displayed in your ads will be the one that you input, in this case, YOUR tracking phone number. Smiley Happy

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks like Google Adwords had made some changes to the call extensions interface.  The "Use my own phone number" option is no longer present.  Is there an update, considering the new interface" on how to disable the Google call forwarding? I ask because we are getting roughly 80 "clicks" on the phone number but only seeing 2 successful and received call in the Dimensions call report.  Is it typical to see such a high abandonment rate? Are people deterred by seeing the 888 number, instead of the number listed in the ad? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Pamela C

Select reporting off to use your own phone number in a call extension.  Keep in mind, you lose all of your call reporting as well.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

many companeis use my number for advtizment