AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different remarketing campaigns on the same public

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi everyone, 

this is my first post.

I'm the administrator of a website often visited by dentists. My clients (dental products industries) would like to use my remarketing public, generated from the website to promote their products. 

Do you think is possible to setup different campaign for various clients on the same public of my site or it's forbidden by adwords policy?

Thank you 

(sorry for my english)

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different remarketing campaigns on the same public

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello luca_17,

Welcome to the community!

It's interesting what you are considering and I would make your clients fully aware of the system before going ahead with anything. I'm not entirely sure whether it's allowed but one way I could see it working is by creating an individual landing page for each client and then dedicating a campaign to that page. You would have to ensure that there are no duplicate keywords across the clients' campaigns meaning that you will need to select product specific keywords rather than generic ones which would be a good practice anyway.

Again, I'm not sure if this allowed though so please wait until somone who does replies as well.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to create a campaign that exclusively works to remarketing, without keywords.

Maybe this could be allowed as far as there's no keywords competitions from the same account, which i know is not allowed.

bye!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Luca_17,

First, I can say that there is no problem sharing an audience list between campaigns in the same account.  Also, you can promote different domains/sites in different campaigns within the same account.

Be sure to review Google's policies prior to action and even contact Adwords Support (button on top right of screen) to ensure compliance if you have any doubt in your mind. 

Edited for incorrect information.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Good morning.

Please tell us if you want to use the remarketing information to reach out to those dentists and bring them back to your website or if your dental products clients want the dentists to visit their separate websites?  

That makes a lot of difference.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Luca_17,

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with PPCBossman on the "double serving" policy. The rule is " individuals advertising for themselves or for their own businesses may only have a single AdWords account." (See policy page.)   You may advertise more than one domain within an single account, but you may not mix display URLs within one ad group. You may advertise domains you don't own, and you may do that while the web site owner is also advertising that same domain. Only one ad per account and one ad per display domain will be displayed on any single SERP.

You're advertising of another dentist site would not prevent that dentist from having their own account.

Now, I know I can take a remarketing list from one website in my account and use it to advertise a different web site within the same account. A quick search turned up nothing about any Google policy on what you can and can't do with a remarketing list. I'll try asking a Google Policy person and try to get back to you on this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Pete,

Thanks for catching that! 

I guess I was attempting to err on the side of caution and in turn misunderstood as well as presented incorrect information (which I will edit in my post once I fully understand).

I'd like to make certain I understand this and in your post it seems quite clear to me now.

I think this is the part when I was incorrect (I'm hoping you'll help me out here if this is not it):

"But I would warn you that if any of these clients have used, want to use in the future or are currently using Adwords in any way, you're going to have some problems. Basically, you can only promote a domain/website in one account."

And how I should understand it to work: 

"You may advertise domains you don't own, and you may do that while the web site owner is also advertising that same domain."

So if X-Comapny is currently running an adwords account promoting www.example.com and asks me to help them promote www.example.com in my adwords account, I can do so and we're both in the clear because I don't own both accounts?  Is that right?

If there is more in my post that is incorrect, please let me know.  My intention is not to spread bad information here. 

And Luca_17, I apologize for the misinformation. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for the information. This is a very active forum and I have a lot of asks!

I think my lack of english profiency make me not explain well.

I will make an example.

I'm the owner of www.informationfordentists.com, in which dentists meet each other. This site generate a remarketing list of 15.000 dentists.

Then arrive 2 companies that produce tools for dentists, that want to use my list for adwords campaigns.

So I create inside MY adwords account 2 display campaign that will land in different domains of the compainies, based on my dentists remarketing list.

I was wondering if this is allowed or forbidden because i don't want make mistake or policy break.

Hope I explained well the situation!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

It sounds like you have this right. One company, one account. Now, when you have two companies advertising hte same site, only one ad will show on any single SERP. The 2 companies actually do compete for the placement.

Luca_17,

I have asked the Policy team for an answer to your question on sharing your re-marketing lists. I haven't received an answer yet. I'll let you know as soon as I find something out. I haven't been able to  loacate any docs on use of the lsit.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks Pete!

I think it was the logic that was getting me, why compete against yourself I ask...myself. haha.  Thanks for the confirmation.

On the remarketing lists...

If the audience lists are created in the Shared Library.  Shared Library > Audiences - I don't personally see how there could be a problem sharing something within the Shared Library across multiple campaigns.  Isn't that the point of the shared library. Campaign level sharing?

I've executed this exact use multiple times, although, as clearly displayed here, I'm no policy expert but I'll be shocked if there is policy against such a thing.  Looking forward to seeing what you find out.

-Tom