AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different landing page, same keywords and ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have 2 scenarios:

1. To test 3 Landing pages. I want to test the same ads and the same keywords against the 3 landing pages. This way I only have only 1 variable. What is the best way of doing this?

2. After running the first scenario, I want to test with the same keywords different ads towards each landing page.

Could you help me esp with scenario 1.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different landing page, same keywords and ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I typically will set the ads to "rotate indefinitely" -- Then, you get an even distribution and an apples to apples comparison.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
To test the three LP's try using Google Content Experiments - this will rotate the same traffic between the three LP's and measure the performance of each against a goal benchmark...

For the ads test then Shanee's solution is ideal

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
For the scenario 1, I assume you have 1 ad group with all the keywords in it. If so, you can just create different ads with different destination urls: you can compare the landing pages by duplicating the ads and changing the destination url. Then, make sure i) as said by Shanee, the ad rotation is set to rotate indefinitely and ii) there is no urls at keyword level.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try "Visual Website Optimizer"