AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different Remarketing Campaign in one adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just created an Adwords Account and created 4 different campaigns for 4 different websites.

I also want to sent two re-marketing campaigns for two of my campaigns. One is setup successfully, however facing problem with other campaign. I am unable to find the re-marketing tag code.

I set up the campaign and then clicked "Shared Library", but it show that "Your AdWords tag is active". clicking on view details shows that the tag is activated for previous campaign but not the current one.

Now, I am skeptical if the same code will be applied to both sites or there will be different code and where can get the different code for my another website

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different Remarketing Campaign in one adwords account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Khem,

Thanks for your post! 

As far as I'm aware, only one 'main list' will be generated in every AdWords account. The 'main list' is the main remarketing tag that should be placed on your website. Once this code has been generated, you can create rules based on that remarketing code, but I don't think you can generate additional pieces of code. 

You can place the code on both websites. However, bear in mind that means that visitors to both websites will be added to the same list. So you might want to create a new account for each website. This Community discussion on this topic is interesting. 

Try setting up an MCC account. This will enable you to log into one master account and navigate to individual accounts for specific websites. More information about MCCs can be found here

I hope this helps! 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi

I agree with the Rachel here. Its always better to have separate accounts to different domains when you analyzing data. In this scenario what you can do is maintain one top level MCC and add different accounts according to your domains. After that you can find different remarketing tags in different accounts and you will be able to control them all through single MCC.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Khem,

Nisal is right, it is always recommended to Set up a different account for different website. and create different remarketing code all of them and manage them separately.

It will help you to allocate Budget.
Easy to manage different website separately.
Easy to judge the performance for them.

Please create a MCC to manage the multiple accounts.

Read this: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Khem,

Have you tried this approach?

On you Audiences page, click on '+Remarketing Tag'

Once done, it will give you an option to create a new Remarketing List. This is the normal process of creating a new list. Here you need to go the 2nd option with the drop down options called: 'Who to Add to your list'

Remaketing Tag Creation Process.png

From the drop down options, select the 'Visitors of a Page with a Specific Tag' option. Once this is done it will give you an option to create a new Tag. Click on the button to create your new tag.

Remarketing Tag Creation Process 2.png

Once the new tag is created, you can go ahead and add the tag to your 2nd website and the list that will be created will consist of users visiting your 2nd website. This way you will have two different lists of users visiting the two different websites.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Khem,

Just wanted to check back with you if this approach helped you get the new remarketing tag that you were looking for?

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Khem ,

Shashank gave a perfect approach to resolve your confusion. If you want to have multiple remarketing list, then the smarter approach is to segment your existing list using the feature "who to add to your list". This will allow you to segment your existing list. But, if you are looking to place this tag on different domains, then the other suggestions might work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just wanted to check if this approach works? the conversion id is the same for both tags..will this still work?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This year-old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!