AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different Name in Places from AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, I've searched the Help and the forum for information but was unable to find any; I think this may be a unique case. Here is my issue: we're in the process of changing our business name and updating all our listings with the new information. However, while we can update our local listings almost immediately, our new site redesign is going to be a big undertaking, so it won't be ready for several months. So we would like to update our Places locations with the new name immediately, while keeping the AdWords account active and running ads to the site of our old name. Will Google penalize us for sending online people to the old name website while sending IRL visitors to the new name location? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Hi SmithMonitoring,    This is an AdWords forum, and your...

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SmithMonitoring, 

This is an AdWords forum, and your question is about Google Places. If you need help with how to change your business name, I'd recommend to visit the Google Places Forum.

Best,

Zee
G+

Ah, I see. I thought it was pertinent because it had to d...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, I see. I thought it was pertinent because it had to do with AdWords. I also posted my question to the Places for Business forum and have gotten a response there.

Thank you very much.