AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different Match Type with Equal Bid in a Adgroup

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

is it okay to use & bid equal on different match keywords in a new adgroup? if we don;t know which one is more profitable.

I means, not higher for eaxct and then phrase and then broad and they will not compete with each other as Adwords select keywords in below preference

1. the most relevant and then
  2. prefer most restrictive match ( exact over phrase & so on)
  3. calculate adrank
  4. with few exception as explained here - http://adwords-mena-en.blogspot.in/2011/10/when-several-keywords-match-search.html

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Different Match Type with Equal Bid in a Adgroup

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Anil,

I think this a good starting point. Set the adgroup live with keywords of different match types with the same bids and let the data advise your bidding behaviour, once you've let them run for a while. This way you can see what is working well for you and what's not and base your decisions on this, rather than making assumptions or guessing. Just be sure to give them a chance to gather enough data before making any decisions.

Best of luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Anil,

I think this a good starting point. Set the adgroup live with keywords of different match types with the same bids and let the data advise your bidding behaviour, once you've let them run for a while. This way you can see what is working well for you and what's not and base your decisions on this, rather than making assumptions or guessing. Just be sure to give them a chance to gather enough data before making any decisions.

Best of luck.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Anil_Singh ;

You are correct; As Rob said,  just make sure that you have enough data before you make decisions about performances.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’