AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Different Campaigns, Different Conversion Objectives for Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys,

I have one account with several different conversions. Only one (main one) which is set to "Include in Conversions = Yes"

Would it be possible for me to create secondary campaigns and set them on target CPA for other, specific conversions? Not the main one, so conversions which are set to "includes in conversions = no"

Basically I would like to have 1 campaign for calls for example, where I would bid $X amount for a call conversion, then another campaign for form, where I would bid $Y for a form conversion... and so on. Different conversions have very different values to me, which is why I need to use them separately when using Target CPA.

One solution that I can think of is using 1 account per type of conversion, but is kind of inconvenient. Could you give me a hand?

Cheers,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for reaching out. 

For each conversion action, you can decide whether or not to include its conversions in your "Conversions" reporting column. The Include in "Conversions" setting lets you decide whether or not to include individual conversion actions in your "Conversions" reporting column. The data in this column is used by bid strategies like target CPA, target ROAS, and ECPC, so your bid strategy will only optimize based on the conversions that you've chosen to include. Choosing not to include a conversion action in the column means your automated bid strategies won’t bid for these particular conversions. 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"One solution that I can think of is using 1 account per type of conversion, but is kind of inconvenient."

That's not inconvenient, that's a violation of policy. 

Even if you are using CPA bidding, you still pay on a cost per click basis. CPA bidding is a way to tell Google that you are willing to pay more for clicks that the Google machine knows may be more likely to result in conversions. But, conversions are not guaranteed, and you still pay for every click - Whether every click converts or not.

If calls and writ leads both have value to you, then count and optimize for both. If each conversion has a different value, then establish values for those conversions. Then you could potentially try target ROAS as a bidding option, and accomplish the same objective.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My main challenge is that because of business needs I need one campaign to bid ONLY for calls and another one to bid ONLY for forms. Any way I could achieve that?

Cheers,

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

As far as CPA bidding, no. Why does it have to be this way? Maybe there's something in the details that can help provide a solution...

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are many cases where it "has to be this way", for example, I also have different conversion actions for my business and would like to be able to optimise different campaigns for different conversion actions, but it appears that Adwords cannot do this.

For example, I might have a flexible store that sells different types of products and I want to run ad campaigns for each type of product. The way Adwords works, campaign "A" (promoting food products) will also be optimised for conversions I am seeking in campaign "B" (promoting clothing products), so Adwords could be showing my food ads to people who like clothing.

Why does Adwords have to be like that? Why can't they be like acebook where one can optimise different campigns and ad sets for a multitude of different conversion actions, depending on one's business requirements. 

John

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.