AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between Defaut Max. CPC (ad group level) & Max. CPC (auto targets level)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Why when you create PLA you can have two different Max CPC?
Which one is going to be the Max CPC and decide if my ads appear or not?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Re: Difference between Defaut Max. CPC (ad group level) & Max. CPC (auto targets level)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi, I don't fully understand the terminology you're using (possibly I'm behind on a couple of features), however, the general consensus is that an ad group default CPC is the back up one which the keyword or placement will defer to in the even that you don't set a specific max CPC at keyword or placement level.

Does that make sense?

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Difference between Defaut Max. CPC (ad group level) & Max. CPC (auto targets level)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your time.

I found that terminology in the auto targets feature. For product listings ads you need to set up criteria to decide which products from merchant center will show. In that feature you can set up a max CPC as well.
Maybe because in PLA you dont need keywords you can set up CPC in that auto target level. But as you said the ad group CPC is the ultimate one so this should be the one that determine my CPC and so on.

Regards,

Ed