AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Difference b/w Targeting Demo Audience Manually or Automatic?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just wanted to know what is the difference between targeting Demographic audiences (Age & Gender) manually and automatically.

Please list out some differences.

Thanks,

Anurag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Difference b/w Targeting Demo Audience Manually or Automatic?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anurag,

Welcome to AdWords Community!!

Demographic Audience include the mentioned group that you can choose.
Parental Status

Automatically - If you didn’t choose or customize your demographic audiences as per your business requirement then AdWords will automatically run your campaign for all 3 groups.

Manually - You will have to choose or customize your demographic audiences as per your business requirement within the campaign. Example – if you want to run the campaign for Management School (BBA Program) then you have to set demographic audiences like-

Age – 15 – 19
Gender – Male / Female

You can go through the link for more details: - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

Thanks,
Anand Kumar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anurag,

Welcome to AdWords Community!!

Demographic Audience include the mentioned group that you can choose.
Parental Status

Automatically - If you didn’t choose or customize your demographic audiences as per your business requirement then AdWords will automatically run your campaign for all 3 groups.

Manually - You will have to choose or customize your demographic audiences as per your business requirement within the campaign. Example – if you want to run the campaign for Management School (BBA Program) then you have to set demographic audiences like-

Age – 15 – 19
Gender – Male / Female

You can go through the link for more details: - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

Thanks,
Anand Kumar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anand,

I happened to came across this question since I might have a related question, if you also would like to help to see through.

So I'm doing recruiting ads with search, ideally I should set demographic for specific age range as well. But I wonder does Google have every users' info like that or they might have unspecific group which they don't know about?

In another word, If I set specific age range, will I also miss some of the audience? (For example in LinkedIn this do happens since its all profile based)

Thanks,
Jason