AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Device targeting but still getting windows traffic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have an account for a product that only works on iPhones/iPods/Macs.

So I have a legacy campaign, with settings set to

Computers, iOS only

Tablet and mobile - opted into to iOS devices only.

In analytics strangely 1/3rd of clicks are coming from Internet Explorer. No conversions there not surprisingly.

But I've double confirmed targeting to iOS devices only, but analytics says roughly half the ppc visitors are coming from Windows computers.

Any idea what I can do?

thanks!!

Ron

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Device targeting but still getting windows traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi RonD,

I'm a little confused here.  Do you have a way to target computer OS?  

I know in Legacy campaigns, there are options for Mobile/Tablet targeting by OS etc...but don't recall anything remotely close to this for Desktop targeting options.

Can you elaborate on where the issue is here?  Perhaps you should opt-out of computers if that doesn't make sense for your campaigns.  As you probably know, you'll face a new set of challenges once you convert to Enhanced Campaigns.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the response,

Yes, I have it in legacy campaign settings here

http://screencast.com/t/60oX3eg8hz8

And indeed, I have no idea what to do about enhanced not supporting device targeting with enhanced campaigns.

I hear many advertisers are unhappy about that?  Any other ideas?  I'm glad Bing announced they will support device targeting but doubt i can find iOS users using bing right?  

And check out Romo the Robot.  He is an iPhone Robot.  I really need the device targeting.

Ron

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the screenshot.  What you're seeing at the bottom are strictly 'Advanced mobile and tablet options'.  They are not for desktop.  That's probably where your IE visits are coming from.    

There certainly have been some good discussions here and articles posted all over about situations like yours and then some.  EH have caused quite a stir in the PPC world.  It's hard to say how this will all play out in the long run. I can only hope with you that alternative options are made available. 

You should probably wait it out as long as you can (Legacy) but have a plan, the best one you can come up with for when the time does come for you to upgrade.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’