AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Device segments - "other" just as much as tablet impressions

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is an undocumented curiosity from the dark corners of one of my adwords campaign.

device-other.png

Anyone care to comment on what "other" means ?

[Later edit] ... and of course how to get rid of this type of "other" devices from a Display Network Campaign ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Device segments - "other" just as much as tablet impress

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

This is the explanation comes with "Other" Devices category, most probably WAP mobile devices.

Other Devices.jpg

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

These fellows were not invited to the "party".

Yes i've seen the bubble, but this is ridiculous as it isn't documented anywhere how to get rid of them ? Only by turning mobile display off ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

True, no documentation anywhere.

I don't think turning mobile display off will solve it as it is not sure the where this data is coming from.

Re: Device segments - "other" just as much as tablet impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just adding something that might be useful for some though not an exact ans to explain "Others".

This is only visible if you download a report at campaign level with a device break down and provides data on the following devices

Computers
Tablets with full browsers
Mobile devices with full browsers
Other

If you go into the campaign settings and then to devices and then if you download a report then "Others" is not visible nor mentioned in the report. The devices mentioned in this report are as follows

Computers
Tablets with full browsers
Mobile devices with full browsers

Hope that helps!

Re: Device segments - "other" just as much as tablet impressions

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.