AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Device preference vs. device target for ad extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a little confused about device preference and device target for ad extension, if I set device preference as "mobile" and set device target to "desktop...", then which one will be used for the extension? I would assume "mobile" will be override "desktop..." as device preference is set for each extension instance so get higher priority? could someone help to confirm, thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

fix a typo:

I am a little confused about device preference and device target for ad extension, if I set device preference as "mobile" and set device target to "desktop...", then which one will be used for the extension? I would assume "mobile" will override "desktop..." as device preference is set for each extension instance so get higher priority? could someone help to confirm, thanks!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Biao J;

Check this article about the topic by one of the Google's team members, @CassieH

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-and-Calls/Tips-for-Using-Mobile-Preferred-Ads-...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @MosheTLV, but the article just talks about what is device preference and how to use it, didn't mention relationship between device preference and device target.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the difference between "device preference" and "device targeting"...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’