AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Device Reference when create Image Ads !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have running a GDN campaign with ALL device feature. WHen create  image Ads, i checked the box Device Reference to choose Mobile. As my campaign setting for all device, does my choice is  right ? Anyone please explain details what this feature is ? 

Thank you guys so much !

Re: Device Reference when create Image Ads !

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

This is called mobile-optimized ads. On mobile devices, mobile-optimized ad will be given preference over standard ads. In your case, checking this box for all the 6 images will give those images preference to show on mobile devices over the other images in the same ad group.

If your ad group contains only those mobile-optimized ads (which is not recommend), those ads may appear on desktop or laptop computers as well as tablets. So, if you want to use mobile-optimized ads, you should also have standard ads (without selecting the box) to allow them to show on desktop computers and to prevent mobile-optimized ads from showing there.