AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL Issues Today

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have added five new ads today to a campaign. All have been disapproved for the ‘Destination URL’. There is nothing wrong with the URL it goes directly to a home page hosted on the companies domain. Nothing fancy!

The newly created ads were all created from the originals that were approved, and still are, without changing the URL it was going to. Tried to re-input on one ad but that didn’t work either.

Have tested link in AdWords and they work perfectly but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Destination URL Issues Today

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Do the display url's contain the url of the destination url? This could cause the error....

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The display URL is www.domain.com and the destination URL is the same but with the addition of http:// which is set to the left anyway. This is the same as in the original ads that were already approved plus the same as the other two accounts that I run. Never had a problem before. The help provides nothing that I can see. The most infuriating thing is the continual threats that 'the account will be suspended if you persist in do this'. Doing what?

Could there be a recent change to the system?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, what's the format of the URL?  Are you pointing to a real page, e.g.

http://www.example.com/page.php

or to an alias of some kind e.g.

http://www.example.com/land-on-this-page

If the latter, are you using a trailing / or not?  I recently had the very same problem as you on a client site.  The URLs were all correct, all worked when clicked, etc. etc.   The solution turned out to be adding a trailing "/" to the end of the URL.  Try options like this and see if one works.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks...format is http://www.domain.com - no trailing "/". I have requested a review by the AdWords team and should hear tomorrow. If I do not get a satisfactory response I will try your suggestion but it is beyond me why you would have to use two different formats within one campaign and one ad group. I will report back once I get a response.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just an update. I had an email reply from the review ....'All disapproved'. This morning I called Adwords in Ireland. They tested it and said there was nothing wrong as it went directly to the site. The rep was sending it to be 'manually reviewed' and approved - they would call me back. Nothing!!! I not only need them approved but I need to know why it has happened. I am building a new site and will eventually want to change the domain. Don't want to go through all this again.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi again, quick check, are you using the AdWords Editor or creating the Ads manually in the Interface? When I had this problem I was using the Editor.

Jon
AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had the same problem, destination url takes you directly to the display url.  Its googles inability for its bots to reach your site. It can be a few things but it is on your side. 

Did you ping your site? if so did it respond back? That is the first thing google does. 

I would look at your firewall settings?

My issue was with the server which I eventually switch and it worked.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all your replies. The problem is now 'solved' but really don't have a good reason for why it happened. Had to make three calls to AdWords over a few days. The initial person that I spoke to could not find a problem and managed to get straight to the URL. He said he would pass it on to the team that 'manually approves' ads. As a few days after, nothing had happened, I called back to be told it was still with them. The day after I received a call to say they had all been approved. That was great - but the only reason I was given was that it was 'the system'. I pushed hard to find out what in the system could cause this but there was no clear response. I really would have loved to have been able to report a solution for others. This was a direct URL and I would imagine the vast majority of others would be inputting it in the way I have done following AdWords procedures. I was just assured it wouldn't happen again but I'm really not confident of that!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem. I had some denied for that reason. I resubmitted with no changes and they were accepted. Now, I created a few more and got them rejected. Turns out nobody at Google works on Saturday, so I put a note in the name of the ad that says, "Quit rejecting my URLs" ... we'll see if that works.