AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Dest. URL leading to wrong page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

You will think that I am crazy telling this and ask me to doublecheck. But trust me I have.

Thing is, I have an account where all active ads have the same destination URL, something like this:

www.mywebsite.com/pressure

But when I do a search on Google an ad will show up that has a different destination URL. Same website, but different landing page. And that URL is also the destination URL of a paused ad.

I have checked this in live and in the diagnosis tool.

No changes have been to that account last 2 days, and that campaign and those ads haven´t been changed for a week.
There are no redirects involved.

I do intend to delete paused ads to check if that has any effect, but I wanted to report this bus (?) first.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Re: Dest. URL leading to wrong page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, David. Do you have any keyword-level URLs? They take precedence over ad URLs.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh yes,
that is so good Calin! That´s the explanation!

I seldom put keywords dest. url:s, but sometimes we use a program to built campaigns and it does that automatically, quite annoying, and I totally forgot. Thank you!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome, David. It's a "classic", along with "there's another advertiser showing ads for the same website".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

See David, you were crazy after all Smiley Very Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
He was? Ok. And I answered his question. And you did too, Jon. Now, where does that put us? Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same issue. Is there a quick way to check and change keyword-level URLs?